After Sales Support
At Backup Power Solutions we are always here to help to ensure that your battery backup system is available when you need it most.
We offer three Service Contract options, each option includes the following.
- Access to our 24/7 emergency support line
- Guaranteed next day response to site as standard
- Access to emergency spare parts kits for repairs
- Annual UPS and battery maintenance visit
- System status reports and recommendations
We have outsourced our 24/7 emergency telephone support service to ensure that all calls are answered no matter what time, day or night.
|0844 800 5724||When calling from Northern Ireland and the United Kingdom|
|1800 812 707||When calling from the Republic of Ireland|
Features which differ in our service options are the inclusion of parts and labour for emergency call outs and repairs as summarized below.
|Access to 24/7 support line||YES||YES||YES|
|Guaranteed response time||YES||YES||YES|
|Labour included for all callout and repairs||–||YES||YES|
|Spare parts included for emergency repairs||–||–||YES|
Each option can be further tailored to suit specific requirements with the addition of the following options.
- Faster response times to site
- Outside normal working hours service visit
- Multiple site visits per annum
- Battery conductance testing
- Loadbank testing
- IR scanning as part of the maintenance visit
To explain some of our additional options further.
Battery Conductance Testing
Ensures the availability of a UPS system in the event of a mains failure.
It is recommended that batteries be regularly inspected and tested, testing should include the following.
- Visual inspection of battery casings to check for signs of damage
- Inspection of battery terminals to check for corrosion
- Battery Block voltage and conductance measurement
- Battery discharge test
- Check terminal torque / tightness
- Cleaning and degreasing when necessary
Connecting a suitably sized loadbank enables us, as part of the annual maintenance, to test the UPS system along with its associated electrical infrastructure to its full load capacity. The test also enables us to discharge the batteries at full load to confirm their availability.
IR scanning highlights hot spots within the electrical system identifying loose connections or faulty and failing devices. IR scanning can also identify weak or damaged batteries.